At Midland Park Primary School our highly qualified teachers utilize researched-based best instructional practices daily as they hold our children accountable for mastering the South Carolina Standards. We provide our students opportunities to reach their full potential through our wide range of supportive program and instructional resources to include:
Our School Hours are 7:10 AM to 2:10 PM
Book Summary: It's Christmas time and the little Mouse is looking forward to opening all of his presents under his Christmas tree. But what about the Big Hungry Bear who lives on top of the hill that doesn't get any presents? The little Mouse's brave and generous spirit reminds us that Christmas is for everyone, not just ourselves, and to remember others who most will forget.
Activities You Can Do at Home With Your Child:
1. Listen to a retelling of the story on www.youtube.com.
2. Have your child guess what's in the present from the Big Hungry Bear and explain why.
3. Have your child make a card or a craft for a classmate who may not have many friends.
4. Go through your child's toys with him or her and have the child pick out 2-3 toys he or she would like to donate to a less fortunate family.
5. Explain why sharing is important, not only at Christmas time but all year round, and then be a role model. Let your child catch you in the act of sharing.
Here at Midland Park we hope you enjoy the book of the month with your child. Stay tuned, because the book of the month for January is a good one too!
Midland Park Fall Literacy Carnival